Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spit-take Funny

A friend of mine just turned me onto a blog that happens to be written by a former intern at my job who's teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) to young children in Korea. I just added it to my reader--you should too.

It's basically Kindergarten Cop meets Kids Say the Darnedest Things, only in this scenario, it's the students and not the governor teacher that speak broken English.

A taste:

In which the author obnoxiously says "in which the author" and is a pig being eaten by a dinosaurmonster

In my 5 year-old class we have been reading a story book called Monster, Monster for Halloween. We had some extra time today so I decided to have a contest to see who could draw the scariest monster.

The girls all drew three-eyed princesses. A couple other kids drew three-eyed aliens. A few more drew ghosts, but the democratically-chosen winner drew a house with a pig in it getting eaten by a dinosaurmonster.

He brought it to me and said, "Teacher I am finished. This is dinosaurmonster. This is Kaylin Teacher."

"Really? Because it looks like a pig."

"Yes it is pig and Kaylin Teacher. Kaylin Teacher is pig."

"Thanks."

Hilarious stuff. I wish Kaylin the best of luck.

No comments: