Monday, February 9, 2009

"I'm very sorry and deeply regretful"

Yep, Alex Rodriguez just admitted to steroid use:

"I did take a banned substance. For that I'm very sorry and deeply regretful"

I make absolutely no secret about my love for the Yankees--but my problems with this whole mess are entirely separate from that. There was a problem, it is no longer a problem, let it go. Now Congress is just dragging baseball through the mud to make examples of Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens--and taking down every person they can in the process.

What's next, shall we start dragging in college football programs--unless, of course, you really think that many 20 year old men are naturally that big, fast and strong? I'm fine with policing the sports, drug testing and all that, but tearing apart a man's reputation 6 years after his last positive--and might I add "ANONYMOUS"--test, is ridiculous, wrong, and probably illegal.

The government has better things to do than pursue these ridiculous perjury charges which led to the outing of A-Rod. The witch hunts are causing nothing but pain for baseball players and fans--all in the name of cleaning up a game that has, now, the strictest anti-steroid policy among major American sports. American politicians holding athletes' feet to the fire for lying is akin to them lecturing the American consumer for spending beyond their means and then...

Oh yeah.

No comments: